Monday, May 5, 2008

Workout- Fat Bar

Military Press:

3 sets, 8-10 reps
90 lbs.
I felt like I could have strictly pressed 20-25 lbs. more.
I'll try more next time. Feeling it out day.

Standing Barbell Curls:

3 sets, 8-10 reps
60 lbs.
Could have curled more easily. Just making sure I didn't
trigger any tendonitis.

Note: Just for fun I thought I would see if I could deadlift
200 lbs. on this Fat Bar and I failed. About the time it left
the floor it rolled out of my thumbs.

Kept going down in weight until I hit 176 lbs. Got it! My
short term goal is 200 lbs.

I use an overhand grip. No wrist curling. That's cheating.
Straight up pull with grip strength.

Bending:

DO bending with some IM Yellows. Trying to perfect my
technique before moving to the grade 5 bolts.

IM wraps with a 5" x 4" piece of suede as a inner lining, then
the IM wraps last. Seems to work for me. Outside diameter
of the completed wrap is 1- 1/4"

Fixing to go try some G2 bolts 6" x 1/4".

Stay tuned and stay Strong!