Saturday, April 27, 2013

RARE GRIPPER FIND


Here's a few pics of a recent gripper purchase I made from a lady in California.

This pair of Sears & Roebuck hand grippers are from 1986 and they were in the original box
with the original instructions inside.

As a collector all types and brands of hand grippers are significant in some way or another.
One of the main purposes of my collection is to try and have a visual display of hand grippers
that will show not only the history of hand grips but also how they have evolved over the years.

The earliest reference I've seen for a torsion spring hand gripper is the late 1920's from several
early vintage muscle magazines such as Physical Culture and Strength.

I plan on doing blog posts on some other gripper finds I've cAme across over the years and share
the images with my followers and anyone who happens to stop by a for a visit to my blog!

Hope you enjoyed this short article and pics!!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GRIP!!!